ASI Performance Standard
The ASI Performance Standard (this Standard) defines 59 environmental, social and governance principles and criteria, with the aim to address sustainability issues in the aluminium value chain.
How it serves the aluminium sector
LOLS10在线直播下注The Performance Standard aims to support responsible supply chains by:
- Providing a common standard for the aluminium value chain on environmental, social and governance performance;
- Establishing requirements that can be independently audited to provide objective evidence for the granting of ASI Certification;
- Reinforcing and promoting consumer and stakeholder confidence in aluminium;
- Serving as a broader reference for the establishment and improvement of responsible production, sourcing and material stewardship initiatives in metals supply chains.
The sustainability elements it addresses
- Business integrity
- Policy and management
- Material stewardship
- Greenhouse gas emissions
- Emissions, effluents and wastes
- Human rights
- Labour rights
- Occupational health and safety
How it applies to members
LOLS10在线直播下注ASI Members in ‘Production and Transformation’ and ‘Industrial Users’ membership classes are required to have at least one Facility certified against the ASI Performance Standard within two years of the launch of the ASI Certification program, or 2 years of joining ASI, whichever is later.
ASI Limitation of Liability Disclaimer
Organisations that make ASI-related claims are each responsible for their own compliance with Applicable Law, including laws and regulations related to labelling, advertisement, and consumer protection, and competition or antitrust laws, at all times. ASI does not accept liability for any violations of Applicable Law or any infringement of third-party rights (each a Breach) by other organisations, even where such Breach arises in relation to, or in reliance upon, any ASI Standard, document or other material, recommendation or directive issued by or on behalf of ASI. ASI gives no undertaking, representation or warranty that compliance with an ASI Standard, document or other material, recommendation or directive issued by or on behalf of ASI will result in compliance with any Applicable law, or will avoid any Breach from occurring.